Thursday, April 2, 2009

Drive shaft

I was really happy yesterday about the truck being worked on at this specific place that lets us payroll deduct the amount due out of four of Klif's paychecks. So happy, in fact, that since we were running well ahead of schedule this morning when we went to pick it up, I had them go ahead and do the oil change my car so desperately needed and remove a nail from my tire that was causing a horribly annoying extremely slow leak. (I added all of this expense onto the payroll deduct - awesome!)

I had almost made it home when Klif called, on his way to work from the mechanics shop. "I need you to come and pick me up. I'm on the side of the Interstate." Twenty minutes later I found him.

Turns out the mechanics forgot to hook up a pretty important part - the one that connects the drive shaft. Once he reached a high speed, the drive shaft just fell off onto the interstate. Great. So, back to the shop the truck went (the tow and repairs will all be free, of course) and I dropped Klif off at work.

Since I was now on the east side heading home, I decided to stop by the soon house and check out the work that was completed last week. There was a large section of siding missing when we had our inspection, and it had to be completed before our appraisal could be completed. Our agent called last week to tell us that it was confirmed completed and that the appraiser could go back out and ok it. Unfortunately, by the time I arrived this morning, it had re-dismantled, and was flapping in the wind, once again with a large area of exposed house underneath. Great. A quick call to the RE agent and a quick call from him to the listing agent confirmed that it would be fixed within an hour, and we all are hoping that our timing wasn't horrible and the appraiser came back when it was not fixed. I guess we'll find out.

So my 1 hour morning trip turned into a 4 hour one. No big deal though. I finished up my s-i-l's baby shower party gifts and even made a batch of cookies. No packing though. Klif is working a 24 hour shift since he has no vehicle to get home, so I am going to bed now.

No comments: