Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Oh boy...

Oh, blog.

Where to start? I don't even know.

As for the house: none of the previously mentioned houses ended up working out, and we even had to resort to a pretty hasty real estate agent switch, but our first day out with our new agent was successful, and within 2 days an offer we submitted on a new house was accepted. Pictures here.

Basically it is in move in condition, and we move in in like two and a half weeks. If the bank gets its butt in gear. As for our apartment, we have until May 6th to pack up and get out. Our roomate will be staying here until we are moved into the house.

The week we move is a busy one. I work Monday through Saturday and then I am co-throwing a baby shower for my sister-in-law. Because of this, I have been taking advantage of my abundant days off in March and already got a decent start on packing. Our apartment is a mess in most places and empty in the rest:






Thank goodness for a workplace that has used boxes to take home. On a related note, I am very thankful for Klif's employment for yet another reason. The owner of his ambulance company also owns an automobile service center. Both of our vehicles have been in need of some work recently (perfect timing, eh?) and we took Klif's truck in yesterday and the amount due will be deducted over a period of 4 paychecks. That's like a 2 month interest free loan. Sweet.

As an update to one of my most recent posts (though really, not recent at all), Phillip's "tumor" seems to have vanished completely, since I know that you were all having trouble sleeping because of it.

We are still doing the angel food things, and I think we seem to be cooking a bit more, and getting more used to cooking at home. I think it will also help when we don't have a hallway for a kitchen.

Klif and had lunch yesterday at a new (to us) place called the Brockway Public House. It was really good, and I am sort of bummed that we are just trying it before we move. The atmosphere of the place was excellent as was the food.

I think that's it for now. Maybe I'll update again soon (hah!)

1 comment:

Jessica Rhodes said...

So glad for a new post : ) Sorry about the car, but happy you can afford it. So excited (jealous) about the house!!!