Thursday, June 11, 2009

Baking machine.

The housewarming party was a success, and although I failed to take a single picture, I can assure you one thing. There was plenty of food.

Buffalo chicken dip, black bean/cream cheese dip, and parmesan bites were eaten so fast that I didn't get a chance to try them. As a matter of fact I spent a good amount of time assembling the parmesean bites just to have the whole pan eaten within 2 minutes. Next time I throw a party, I am throwing a parmesean bite party. Seriously.

We also had as amazing desert spread including cookies, brownies, creme puffs, and best of all...the Irish Car Bomb cupcakes.

Yes, you read that right.

And they were amazing.

We had a good turnout, probably about 25 people in and out or so. And the dogs got some sweet gifts. And we got tiki-torches, so that was pretty sweet.

I was really happy with the evening, as the day was really hectic. I stopped on the way home to pick up some baking needs and some frames to cover up the shoddy TV mount job that was done the day before. I immediately started getting food ready. Kyle and Sara helped clean and prepare and Klif did some yard work. My parents even came a bit early to help with prep. I finished up most of the food just as the guests were arriving, and we all seemed to have a good time.

The next week we had the TV installation company send out another guy to fix the first one's mistakes, and are now pretty pleased.

After that it was back to work. About 2 weeks ago they announced 820 jobs were being eliminated, and we just got an email yesterday saying that they were completed. Only about 20 people at our location were laid off (out of about 900)so that was a huge relief.

Tuesday was Klif and I's 2nd anniversary. We celebrated on Monday by going to see UP (3D) (awesome) and then eating at Logan's. The next day, our actual anniversary, we spent cleaning. Hah.

Today I felt ambitious so I came home ans started baking.

Do you know what this is? I bet you wish you do. I'll tell you in a minute.


I also decided to make 12 more cupcakes, since I had leftover filling and icing. Please note that this is all made from scratch. Icing and all. Here are the cupcakes right out of the oven (The cupcakes are a Guinness chocolate batter).

I swear I don't know where the missing cupcake went.

Here they are after I take the lid off of the Jameson bottle and extract holes out of each of them.


Here they are after I fill those holes with made from scratch Jameson chocolate ganache.


And here they are after covering them with a heaping dollop of made from scratch Bailey's Irish Creme butter cream icing.



Stop drooling.

Oh yeah, and that pan full of amazingness I showed you earlier?

Bourbon Banana Bread. Let's just say I already bought more bananas.

I even did all of my dishes afterwards, which means I am exhausted, and now I want to go to bed.

2 comments:

Jessica Rhodes said...

Those cupcakes look AMAZING!!!

Jordan said...

You should taste them!