Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bueno!

We've still just been working around the house and working.

We decided to test out our new(to us) grill, once I replaced all of the guts.



We ended up with some pretty tasty burgers.


I also tried to make some homemade ice cream with a maker that my grandma gave me. It was an expensive and time consuming process. It involved cooking the milk, cream, eggs, chocolate, etc. on the stove, cooling it for 3+ hours in the fridge, churning it in the machine for 40 minutes (during which we had to continuously add salt and ice to the bucket), and then packing and freezing it for another 2 hours. Imagine my rage when I found out that something went wrong and it was laced with chunks of egg white. It was disgusting and inedible and we had to throw out all 4 quarts.

On the 16th, I took Klif on a 2 hour road trip to his favorite fast food place: Taco Bueno. One was opened in Jeffersonville a year or two back, and ever since he moved from Texas he has missed it immensely.


He ate so fiercely that he broke a sweat.


Since we had gone all that way, we decided to drive an extra hour and have dinner with friends.

Arrive: Lexington.



We ate at a pretty sweet place called Cheapside.


The patio had a great balcony and atmosphere.


Then Cara got pooped on by a passing bird.


Klif got this amazing meal called the "Downtown Brown". It was toast covered in ham and bacon and tomato and cheese and probably some more delicious stuff.


Then we decided to get some drinks. First off to McCarthy's, where we found a sign quite appropriate for Klif.


Here I was also introduced to the amazingness that is known as a buttery nipple. Perhaps we got too acquainted.

Next off to Horse and Barrel (or something like that) for more drinks and some amazing chips and queso.


Then, off to the fountains that I had wanted to see last time we were here, but didn't get the chance.




Then, back to McCarthy's because I "forgot to get a picture". In reality, we were trying to get the already quite wobbly Klif full fledged drunk for the first time.


Tequila shots should help achieve that.


Then to some bar with the name Molly in it. At that point Klif started to knock over chairs and have trouble getting to the bathroom, so we decided we had achieved our goal. We headed back to the car (I had not had a drink since the first bar many hours before, for your information) and when we stopped by a bathroom Klif proceeded to fall over in the hall.


Then we found Liz Lemon's car.


Three hours later and we were very thankfully home. Mostly me because I was dead tired and Klif was either maniacally lauging or snoring the whole way home.

After that it was back to work. This weekend is our housewarming party, and I just made 100+ meatballs.


Two days to go and I have a ton to do still. Oh well, I work best under pressure.

1 comment:

Keegan Frank said...

That picture of the 5/3 building is pretty cool!
Nice pics of Klif being totally drunk, too. Haha.