Saturday, June 27, 2009

Lots of good food.

Last Thursday I was excited to go home, get a little work done, and head to bed early. Life had other plans. I went home and made some banana bread (this stuff has gone over very well, and is so easy!).

I was just getting ready to head to bed when Klif called and let me know that he had picked up an overnight shift and could I bring him some food. I packed up a lunch bag with odds and ends so that there would be something that would sound good to him, and drove the 20 minutes downtown. Just a little behind my planned schedule, I headed back home to sleep. On the way, I got the text.

From: Jeremiah Cooper
"The baby is making a run for the border!"

I let him know I'd be there shortly. I stopped by home, packed a bag with work clothes for tomorrow, changed into my PJs, and grabbed my banana bread.

As soon as I walked in the door to their hospital room they wheeled her out. Turns out her water had broken the day before and she hadn't dilated at all. On top of that, Nichole was starting to get a temperature, and both her and baby's heart rates were raising. The doctors suggested a c-section to limit risks to either of their health.

About an hour later, Lily was born. Her blood sugar was a bit low, so she couldn't come into the room until about 11:30. I briefly held her, and then we all left so they could get some rest. I had to be at work in an hour and a half anyway, so I drover to work, let the security guards know that I was there, and napped in my car for 45 minutes until time to go in.

That was a rough morning at work. I left very early, and came home and slept until 4pm. Klif and I went back up to the hospital so Klif could see Lily, and then we went to dinner with mom and dad at Fox and Hound Pub.

A little too smoky, but the food was really good.

That night I cooked up some freezer meals for Jeremiah and Nichole so that they could relax a little.

The next morning I got up and headed to Muncie. First to get my haircut (thanks, dad!) and then to grandma's. We ran all over Muncie to different stores. After that it was time to go to mom's to get her my pictures of the baby for her printing needs. As always, that took 5 hours. By that time the storms were coming in really bad, so after having dinner with mom and dad at Taco Bell, we picked up grandma to stay the night with us.

Saturday we ran to some more stores, and then I went to see UP (3-D) (again!) with dad. After that, some putt-putt, and then to grandma's for the night. The next day was church, and then Father's Day lunch with dad, mom, and grandma.



I picked up Josh and Jill's dogs on the way home as they were on their way to Chicago for a couple of days.


Work as usual through the week. Tuesday Klif an I had dinner with an old youth leader of mine and her family. I met her youngest daughter, Hannah. She was adorable and had a great temperament!


I many be needed to watch Lily on Friday night for about an hour. I'm totally stoked.

No comments: