Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter weekend.

I left work Saturday and went straight to Muncie. Subway lured me in with the infamous $5 foot-long on the way, and I promise I only intended to eat half.

Not much happened that night. Dinner at Applebee's where mom was yelling "PEE PEES" (okay, it was really "PEA PEAS") but all the same, I told her she probably shouldn't be saying that so loud in a public place.

Back at the house, I snooped around.

The baby area is ready to go:


Mom's bathroom looks way better than before (unfortunately there is no before picture):


My piano was still just chilling. Almost, baby...:


Then I found our Easter "baskets":


Then I found Nichole, being pregnant:


Then I settled in to watch some TV and play some Wii. I totally obliterated my mom, just for the record.

At some point in the evening, mom presented me with an early housewarming gift:

So, so awesome. Score one for Target clearance.

Also at some point that night mom set the tables with her finest china:


This was in preparation for our KFC lunch tomorrow, of course.

I finally made it to bed at 11:30, a mere 23 hours after waking up. The next morning it was up and off to church. I enjoyed some free fruit:


Then we listened to my brother talk about Jesus:


Then it was back to the house to get ready for family to join us for lunch. Soon everyone arrived, including Liz and Lora, the Darrocas, and G-ma.

I pestered G-ma, as usual:


And Gertrude was the center of attention, deservingly:


Then Megan fed her some Pop-Rocks, which was pretty awesome:


After eating, the guys just sat around:


And most of the girls sat around "ooh"ing and "aah"ing at baby's Easter basket goodies (Including Gertie):


While the kitchen continued to look like this:


And Gertrude continued to be adorable:


And that pretty much sums up my weekend.