Friday, July 25, 2008

Productivity

I was so distraught by baggage fee fiasco this morning that I had talked myself out of doing anything. No groceries, no putting gas in the volvo, no making dinner (I had decided Klif would just have to fend for himself...again), and definitely no cleaning. I just really wanted to go home and nap.

Well, I would just like to announce to the world that I did almost everything I originally intended to. I talked myself into stopping at the gas station and the butcher shop on the way home. I stopped the fuel pump at exactly my budgeted amount and only went over $.08 at Joe's because of tax. Then, I told the dogs they couldn't go out until I started dinner (slow cooked chicken in mushroom sauce). After our long walk, including a swim in the creek (for them) I packed up my canvas bags, list, and calculator, and headed off to Meijer.

I was greeted by free samples of Klondike bars (mmmm). I actually spent under my budget (thanks to thinking the wrong things being on sale) and due to a coupon expiring I now have enough toilet paper to last me well into 2009 (If you think I'm kidding, think again). I ended up the trip with a free sample of Meijer Organics Bread with Meijer Organics Peanut Butter and Meijer Organics Rasberry Jelly. What a great free snack!

When I came home I actually put all of the groceries away, started the dishwasher, washed all of the leftover dishes, and cleaned a bit more.

Now dinner is almost done, Klif is getting cleaned up from work, the dogs are content, and it's almost bed time! (I love love love my schedule)

No comments: